Ecotourism in Moieciu de Sus
Ecotourism is a tourism form in which the main motivation for the tourist is the observation and appreciation of nature and local traditions related to nature, having to achieve the following requirements:
It contributes to nature conservation and protection;
It supports the well-being of local people;
It has an educational component that creates nature conservation awareness, both for tourists and local communities;
It requires the lowest possible negative impact on the environment and on the socio-cultural component.
(Adopted by AER according to the World Tourism Organization definition)
The following principles have been adopted and promoted by the Association of Ecotourism in Romania (AER), based on two international models: Nature and Ecotourism Accreditation Program, developed by the Ecotourism Association of Australia, and Nature’s Best, the certification system of the Swedish Ecotourism Association. AER’s approach is that these principles should be put into practice by those who offer ecotourism products as well as by those who plan the ecotourism-based development of an area.
1. Focus on natural areas
2. The interpretation of the ecotourism product
3. The principle of sustainable development from the point of view of nature protection
4. Ecotourism contributes to nature protection
5. Ecotourism contributes to the development of local communities
6. The level of tourist satisfaction
7. The principle of responsible marketing
Ecotourism definition adopted and promoted by AER